Easy Dutch Oven Potatoes
These potatoes in a Dutch oven are unbelievably delicious for how easy they are to make. After all, butter, cheese, bacon & potatoes are the perfect combo.
- Camp Chef Dutch Oven
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 15 Medium potatoes, sliced thin (with or without skins)
- 1 lb Bacon
- 2 Medium onions (sliced)
- 4 cups Grated cheese
- Any tasty liquid (beer, soda, mushroom soup etc.)
- Salt, pepper or our favourite seasoning
- Cut bacon into 1 inch pieces and fry in Dutch oven until crisp.
- Remove bacon but leave grease in Dutch oven.
- Layer potatoes, onions, cheese, bacon, and spices then dot with butter.
- Keep repeating layers until oven is full.
- Pour liquid over the top.
- Cover and cook on medium to low burner for 35 to 45 minutes.
- Check often as you may need to add more moisture.
- When potatoes are done sprinkle with another layer of cheese, cover and let cheese melt then serve.
- Cooking Tip: For Dutch Oven temp. of 177°C, use 14 charcoal briquettes on top and 7 on bottom.