Smoked Baked Beans
This recipe for Smoked Baked Beans will keep everyone fed and happy on your next camping trip. Plus, there's bacon involved. That’s all that really matters.
- Camp Chef Dutch Oven
- Camp Chef SmokePro XT Pellet Grill
- 6 to 8 Strips of bacon cut into 1/2 inch squares
- 1/2 medium onion (diced)
- 1/2 Bell pepper (diced)
- 1 to 2 Jalapeno peppers, diced (seeding is optional)
- 55 ounces Canned baked beans
- 1 can Pineapple chunks (drained)
- 1 cup Brown sugar
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1/2 to 1 tbsp Dry, ground mustard
- Sauté bacon pieces in fry pan until crispy and remove from pan with a slotted spoon.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper and jalapeno pepper until tender.
- In a large mixing bowl combine beans, pineapple, brown sugar, BBQ sauce and dry mustard.
- Stir in bacon pieces and vegetables.
- Pour into Camp Chef Dutch oven.Note: Leave the lid off the oven for a smokier flavour. (If things look dry, add additional BBQ sauce 1/4 -1/2 cup at a time).
- Place in a 105-108°C smoker or pellet grill for 2 1/2 to 3 hours (make sure temperature of the baked beans reaches 71°C).
- Note: Recipe can be cooked in a 12×9 or 9×9 baking pan in an oven at 177°C for 1 hour.*Total cook time is 2.5 to 3 hrs.