Artisan Pizza Dough
There is no shortage of pizza dough recipes out there for you to try. But we guarantee you will not find an easier, tastier recipe for artisan pizza dough than the one we've got for you here. Seriously. This dough comes together in a snap, and it stretches easily into thin, airy pizza crusts. Once you make pizza this way, you'll never want to search for another pizza dough recipe.
Servings 6 dough balls
- Artisan Outdoor Oven 30 Accessory
- 3 cups warm water
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- You will want a large, clean bowl to make and hold the dough in. Measure 3 cups warm water into bowl; add yeast, salt, and flour. Mix until all the flour is moist. The dough should be firm but slightly sticky. Let this rise until double, about 1 hour.
- At this point, the dough is ready to shape into dough balls or put in the fridge until ready to use. It will last up to 3 days if stored in the fridge. In fact, the dough is much easier to handle after being chilled in the fridge. When you're ready to use it, scrape the dough out of the bowl and shape into 6 dough balls, each the size of a large orange. Let them rise at room temperature for 30 minutes if not chilled and about 2 hours if chilled.
- The bread flour in the recipe is required in order to be able to stretch your dough very thin. You will find that a rolling pin will not be necessary. The dough should also be wetter than normal dough so that your pizza crust will have the air pockets of true artisan bread; you should have a small bowl of flour nearby to help you handle the sticky dough. Form the crust, throw on the toppings, pop it in the oven, and enjoy!