Easy 3-2-1 Ribs
Getting those perfectly smoked ribs can be difficult, especially if you are brand new to the world of smoking foods. But don't stress: there is an easy 3-2-1 method to smoking ribs that anyone can follow for perfect results.
Yield: 4 people
- SmokePro SG Pellet Grill
- 3 Racks baby back ribs
- BBQ rub
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup Apple juice
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Mustard
- 1 & 1/2 tbsp Maple syrup
Ingredients for Homemade Glaze
- 1 cup Ketchup
- 1/2 cup Mustard
- 1/2 cup Maple syrup
- 3 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Pepper
- 3 tbsp Hot sauce (optional)
- Prepare the ribs by rinsing and patting dry with a paper towel.
- Score the membrane (a.k.a. silver skin) on the concave side of the ribs, and peel it off with a paper towel for extra grip.
- Salt ribs and let dry brine for an hour (if desired).
- In a spray bottle, mix apple juice, mustard and maple syrup.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix all the ingredients for the glaze together and set aside.
- Preheat pellet grill or smoker to 108°C or Hi Smoke.
- After the ribs have brined for an hour, spritz them using the mixture in the spray bottle.
- Completely cover ribs with rub and put in smoker for about 3 hours.
- After 3 hours, spread glaze over the ribs and cover them in aluminium foil and continue smoking for another 2 hours.
- Finally, remove the foil and cook for 1 hour, spreading more glaze over the top.
- The baby back ribs are ready when you can pick them up with tongs, give them a slight bounce and see a large crack on the surface of the meat. If this doesn't happen, you will need to give them more time.Check out the video in the header for some extra help with this recipe.